Sunday, December 7, 2014

Endlessly Running


Endlessly Running
Today I was running from place to place
thinking that I was going somewhere;
then I saw an old friend,
a sensitive man that has not yet
lost his nature.

This man exposed to me
a reality that we all must confront;
with his voice he delayed
and paused at every word
the truth we must endure.
Leopardi took his voice
to submerge me in a place
that can only be known in silence;
I felt mute not knowing how to reply.
My silence had all the possible feelings
conceived in a human being;
agony, anguish, desperation, happiness, loneliness,
silence... silence... silence!
Then I asked myself, why am I running?
If in fact I am not going anywhere.
My space was filled with silence,
in it I could not contain any longer the agony of man—
but we must accept.
The road could not be eternal
otherwise all those feelings will never be felt
and our space would be filled with arrogance and malice.
Not any longer running,
nor tracing the steps of insensitive-people
I have joined that space to idle my body in silence;
in that silence our existence,
in that silence our non-existence,
always moving, yet not going any where.
The universe is moving and in it
some people make it move better;
kind and valuable people that had not yet forgotten
the sensitivity that unite us all.
I think the greatest gift one can give
is to remind others that our existence in this universe
is only a fragment of what nature intended.
Today a kind man held me back
in my worthless run to no-where
pointing me towards the path
while singing muteless notes of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The She-Butterfly

As if suspend by air The she-butterfly  Opened her winds, In her blue colors Light projected Every pixel of her being In every m...